• Agustino
    How is that funny?Michael
    I don't know man, but I find it sort of funny when powerful people who think they are invincible find out that that's not true. Don't you find it funny? I mean surely, someone got killed, it's not funny in that sense, but the context is funny, at least to me.
  • Michael
    Don't you find it funny?Agustino

No. Death isn't funny.
  • Benkei
    Death can be funny but murder certainly isn't.
  • charleton
    What research? The drug has been available since 1953. Toxoplasmosis (a brain infection) is not a communion disease, but not exactly rare, either. (Cat feces is a common source.) Generally it occurs in immunocompromised people (AIDS, transplant patients, other causes). It's also used on certain intestinal parasites (single celled parasites, not worms).Bitter Crank

It is thought that significant numbers of people live with the worm parasites. If you are a cat owner you will have had or be carrying the plasmid at some point.
    In mice the same disease makes mice disinhibited, and fearless of cats. Cats eat the mice and the cycle of the plasmids continues. natural selection in action.
    There was a recent study which demonstrated that people responsible for causing road accidents predicted high for toxoplasmosis, leading the researchers to conclude that the same sort of recklessness found in mice was also a factor in humans.
    Cat lovers beware. If you wonder why you are sometimes a bit over-the-top, impatient, or reckless; try taking some anti-worming pills.
  • charleton
    ↪Michael Death can be funny but murder certainly isn't.Benkei

Depends on who is murdered.
    Actually - also depends on how the murders are described. Agatha Christi was quite a humourist at times.
  • Agustino
    No. Death isn't funny.Michael
    You British really do take everything so seriously... such stiffs :rofl: - carrot stuck up the :snicker:
  • Baden

It was kind of bad taste, Agu. And I can say that in full confidence that my arse is not presently impaled with a vegetable of any description.
  • Kitty
    Didn't that Stanford kid get a few months for rape? US Justice system at its finest. :ok:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.