• trueself
    The problem with power these days, it gets centrelized.
    The power has been flowing inward to a deciding few.
    This way of ruling is at it's end in date and thus ready for the picking.
    We need to learn that the power needs to flow from the few to the many.
    We are losing ourselves in the sceam of centralizing everything.
    We must create a outward society open and in touch with eachoter.
    Somewhere in past time, did we took the wrong way, maby the bad way?
  • Dogar
    I am unsure as to what you are proposing with this post (or poem). Perhaps you could provide more elucidation on your viewpoints? Are you talking about democracy? If you are talking about democracy, then it's relatively early to be electing its end date. What do you mean by power? Your sentences seem to pertain to the concentration of power in the hands of elites within the neoliberal political and economic system but it is far too cryptic to understand exactly what it is you are trying to say.
  • trueself
    I wrote it as a poem, not the best one I imagine.
    It's kind of open for interpetation.
    For me it means that we as a species leave responsibilty in the hands of a few.
    While the rest live life with no feeling for the well being of the human race as a whole.
    This is what base, our current political system is modeled from.
    I wonder what it is that made us choose that?
  • BC
    For me it means that we as a species leave responsibilty in the hands of a few.
    While the rest live life with no feeling for the well being of the human race as a whole.
    trueself

I don't know that we deliberately give responsibility to the few, but I do not believe that the rest of us lack a feeling for the well being of the world.

We need to learn that the power needs to flow from the few to the many.trueself

no no no no

That's the problem: the few have power. Power isn't going to flow toward the many.

The many can get power by "seizing it". By "seizing" I don't mean taking over banks at the point of a gun, or attempting to grab control of a large army base. The many seize power by organizing themselves and then deploying their organized power. The many do not get it as a gift from the few. As they saying goes, "Take it easy. But take it."

The 99% of Americans (or the 99% of any other country, or the 80% of any country) who have little power have the capacity to organize and seize it from the 1% to 5% who monopolize wealth and power. Will the rich and powerful resist? I would certainly think so. But there is nothing invincible about their power.
  • Cavacava

It will always be the way its been.
    Organizers, rebels, reformers seize power,
    And they know without winking that
    Power must be weld, after all
    We are, and we have always been
    only human
  • praxis
    Roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    people are greedy,
    whatdaya gonna do.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.