• Thinker
    I identify with the darthbarracuda school of philosophy, I think - maybe.
    — Thinker

No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    darthbarracuda

Only on Tuesday - is today Tuesday?
  • Hanover
    Instead of tattooing it, I'd get it tagged on my ear like they do to cows. It's easier to see.
  • Wosret

Lol, I misspelled calve. I learned most of everything I know from audio lectures and audio books over the years while working eh, I'm not the greatest in print. Glad that I have the spell checker.
  • Terrapin Station
    For a number of those I had to give "the closest wrong answer" . . . And doing that, the quIz has me as being an epicurean.

I wouldn't normally describe myself as an epicurean. But I'd not normally say that I belong to any school per se. My views are idiosyncratic in combination, and even my favorite philosophers I disagree with more often than I agree with them.

However, if I had to give a handful of folks that I'm most similar to, it would be the philosophers listed in my profile as my favorites: Russell, Quine, Hume, Socrates, Davidson, Searle, Reichenbach, Mach, Nozick, Ayer, Feyerabend, Achille Varzi, Foucault, Santayana

Maybe I should include Moore in that, too, as I'm similar to him in disposition in a couple ways, but I doubt include him because I more strongly disagree with some of the views he's best known for.
  • BlueBanana

Faced the same trouble.

I got humanism as my result from the quiz, but I'm not quite sure of that. I suppose the poll asked for the test result instead of the answerer's own opinion?
  • Ciceronianus
    Pragmatic Stoicism.
  • S
    I got hedonism. Not surprised much, given my answers. I wouldn't describe myself as a hedonist, except quite loosely. Anyone else get this or am I the only one so far? I see that I'm presently the only one on the poll for hedonism. Interesting.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet