• MoK
    I don't believe we are aware of all the information that enters our mind.jgill
    We, our conscious minds to be more precise, are not aware of all the information that we perceive through our sensory systems.

If that is the case what the subconscious processes may indeed inform us - in what seems to be an act of free will.jgill
    Isn't the subconscious process deterministic? Doubts are not allowed in a deterministic system. That is true since a deterministic system moves from one state to another unique state later. So there is only one state available for a deterministic system at any given time. There are two states available to choose from when we have doubts though.
  • jgill
    Isn't the subconscious process deterministic? Doubts are not allowed in a deterministic system.MoK

For me, the word "doubt" applies to a conscious state, not a subconscious state.
  • MoK
    For me, the word "doubt" applies to a conscious state, not a subconscious state.jgill
    Then why bring subconsciousness into the discussion? Ok. Is the conscious state the result of the brain process?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.