• flannel jesus
    Just watched this little lecture / meditation thing by an artist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUmf1Vh7mgc

He sort of goes into perception and experience - he kinda comes at it from what I interpret to be a pretty indirect realist standpoint (I suppose that might be arguable, but if you watch, I think you'd understand why it seems very "indirect realist" to me).

He's not a scientist, he's just an artist who likes to philosophize about things - he philosophizes about quite a lot. Even just listening to the first 20 minutes will give you a gist of where he's going with it. It kinda becomes a bit zen as it goes on - if you want to hear an artist kinda give you a guided meditation on perception, give it a go. If that's not your cup of tea, skip.
  • hypericin

Thanks, I enjoyed this intersection of (the practice of) art, Buddhism and philosophy. He has a clear (and very clearly articulated) indirect realist perspective. I wonder how the intransigent direct realists here would respond.
  • AmadeusD
    I didn't write this ...Apustimelogist

Quite clearly. It also seems you’ve not understood it. But this just adds to the pile..
  • Apustimelogist

If you think I have not understood something, then explain why rather than pointless, contentless quips.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.