• Vera Mont
    For a long time, if I wanted to recommend a book, or reference a source of information, to someone on a forum, I would cite Goodreads. They pretty much list and picture every book I wanted to refer to, with cover blurb and reviews. While the Goodreads site was associated with amazon, it didn't advertise.
    Recently, it's become blatantly commercial, so that if you cite a book there, it comes with ordering info and and price, exactly as if I were citing amazon - which I always avoided, for exactly that reason.

Does anyone know a non-commercial listing of books?
  • javi2541997
    Does anyone know a non-commercial listing of books?Vera Mont

Vera, try this one: https://www.abebooks.com/canada/?cm_sp=Ftr-_-Home-_-sites7?

I wish it fits what you are looking for!
  • Vera Mont

Thanks! I was familiar with abe as a vendor; until recently, we had some 6000 listings on there and it was my first look-up for availability and prices. It's also owned by amazon now (for all I know, so is my house) but I didn't know there were curated, non-commercial lists. Well organized, too.
    That's very helpful.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.