• jaValle
    Ive been thinking about how i measure someones intelligence, for example when im talking to a friend/stranger, or trying to see how someone thinks, by perceiving how they see reality in their own minds. Do you guys think it is a certain way of knowing if someone is intelligent?
  • Terrapin Station
    In my view intelligence is ability (combined with the time required) to consciously process and utilize/adapt to information, tempered by one's interests/concerns/desires.

It doesn't have anything to do with possessing versus not possessing particular knowledge, having or not having particular dispositions or views or concerns or desires or tastes, etc.
  • jaValle
    I liked your point of view, intelligence is not measured on how much you know about something, i liked your definition of intelligence
  • jkop
    Currently here in Sweden the chairman of Mensa (the society for people with high IQ) calls the members "damn idiots" after a party that went out of bounds. Allegedly the members got extremely drunk and began to intimidate the staff at the hotel who felt threatened and eventually had to call the police.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.