• invicta

I was giving eugen a heads up of your AI fetishising tendencies don’t take it to heart.
  • universeness

Water off a duck's back, but you imo, represent yourself on TPF as little more than a troll.
  • invicta

Whatever, run along now.
  • universeness
    So is he suggesting that assuming ''anything you could think of" has properties is wrong? Does he want me to formulate a question about something with no properties? I don't really understand. Of course we're talking about properties.Eugen
    No, he just does not think your questions are very good but maybe he is choosing to be disrespectful to you as you have typed disrespect towards him.
    Who started what, rarely matters. If you cannot find common ground or tolerance with each other then, you can mostly ignore each other. There are some members of TPF who I will now not exchange with directly, unless absolutely compelled to. Probably most members here feel the same way about certain other members. C'est la vie.
    On occasion, I have even 'made up,' with some members when I have discovered they were not the complete f***wit, I thought they were. Again, c'est la vie.

What does my question have to do with theism?!?! My question is about a simple model that people use to debate consciousness. My question is if there are alternatives to this model. I can't see how this simple question can make no sense.Eugen

Stop assuming that every sentence I type in response to you is about you, I mentioned theism to illustrate a point I was making about becoming jaded.
    You have plenty of members on TPF you can exchange with in the ways that suit YOU. Work with that and respond to @180 Proof as you choose to (within the guidelines of the site of course). He is quite thick skinned himself , he can take it.
  • Eugen
    I'm not assuming thay was a response. You made a parallel and I thought 180 Proof thought my qiestion was related to theism.
  • universeness

Did you not notice that I ran way past you, ages ago! Do yourself a favour and stop responding to or referencing me. You will cry less!
  • universeness

But any thread about fundamentals offers a path to theism as theism posits that THEE fundamental is god! It's not unreasonable for interlocuters to probe you and ask if you are a theist based on what is invoked by your OP, surely you don't find that an unreasonable line of questioning on a thread such as this one.
  • invicta

Whatever you say universe ness monster, whatever you say, now focus on the topic at hand, maybe do a bit of wiki research and come up with something half intelligent to say.

That’s your task for the day. To win the argument or whatever you’re here for
  • universeness

Did your god tell you to try again to communicate with me?
  • Eugen
    You made me think. It's not about me or him being disrespectful. It's different. I think my questions touch some sensitive spots. Far from that being my intention, but I think he's got a soft spot when it comes to consciousness and emergence. So unlike the rest, he doesn't make an argument, he just dismisses the discussion altogether. That's his tactic, now I get it! EVRIKA!
    As for him having knowledge, you'd be surprised - I spent an entire OP only to realise the guy didn't have the notion of weak emergence. Yes, he's got language, I admit. But that doesn't imply wisdom.
  • invicta

Them future robots that you’ve been fantasising with 180 may be some way off.

However blow up dolls are within reach, so express your love and hate to that not the users of this forum darlin
  • universeness

You seem a little sexually obsessed. Can your god not help you with that?
  • universeness

Might be better to simply focus on the TPF members you prefer to exchange with Eugen.
  • invicta

they’re two for the price of one, hurry up mr get one for your buddy or if you want to be selfish keep them both! Why wait for AGI eh?
  • Eugen
    I don't want to lie to myself. So I need to interact with all kind of opinions. But I don't want to lose my time with non-sense either. That's why I'm asking people to help me with this guy. I just want to understand him, not to label him as troll or to form alliances against him.
    So far, I think I understand your explanations on his opinions
  • Eugen
    Guys, you are really helping me, I truly believe you're smart people. This beef is far too low for your intelligence. You both know that.
  • universeness

What are you talking about now? Is there a sale on in your favourite crucifix shop?
  • universeness

Its a good exemplar for you Eugen and good fun for me.
  • invicta

You’re 50% correct I’m afraid Eugen, don’t be fooled by this guy. He only cares about future robots the appearance of intelligence from him is a trick, underneath all that hes a dummy just like everybody else.

The saddest thing about this guy is he will ridicule someone’s faith but when someone ridicules his obsession with future robots he gets angry.
  • universeness

I am sure you will 'categorise' those on TPF you clash with in your on way and in your own time.
    I am meeting folks in town for a wee Saturday pub crawl. Have a good day Eugen!
  • invicta

Don’t forget the blow up doll, lipstick can be optional.
  • universeness

Jesus will have you for a sunbeam sonny! Having a purpose to look forward to must be wonderful for you.
  • invicta

Better than getting pissed with a blowup doll. If your level of discourse is the same as on this forum even the blow up doll will get bored and deflate
  • universeness

Put lipstick on your Jesus blow up doll if you wish but you don't need to tell the world about it.
  • invicta

Not too many pints now, your future AGI lover would really disapprove now wouldn’t she? Eh, little bit of responsibility there for you today
  • Alkis Piskas

You are welcome. (Παρακαλώ) :smile:
  • Eugen
    see my private message :cool:
  • invicta

Send it to universness too, even a pisshead occasionally needs inspiration on what topics to discuss with his blow up doll.
  • Andrew4Handel
    This kind of issue is usually infected by people's biases.

People always seem to be trying to preserve their own worldview which for some people is rampant materialism. It is best to interact with people who accept that mental phenomena exist and want to describe them accurately and not subsume them under a prior worldview.

I long got tired of atheists trying to impose their worldview under the misnomer of skepticism.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.