• jorndoe
    Everyday morals for everyone.

Proscriptively:
    Wheaton's law: Don't be a dick.
    Keynote at the 4th annual Penny Arcade Expo (2007)
    mncygrdmskpi14bc.jpg

Prescriptively:
    Be excellent to each other.
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)
    ounzsvgltkgnj1le.jpg

Nothing lengthy or high-flying or deeply theoretical. Easy rules-of-thumb to grasp. I suggest setting "The Bill-Ted-Wheaton Principle" in stone. Acting to the contrary might well warrant examination. :) Teaching that to an AI might be more difficult... Seems to me that morals are easier to exemplify (post hoc) than to generalize into concise laws. It's about concern.
  • plaque flag
    Seems to me that morals are easier to exemplify (post hoc) than to generalize into concise laws. It's about concern.jorndoe
    :up:

Phronesis ? More skill than spiel ?
  • 180 Proof
    :lol: As Aristotle taught: 'The Geek Life'.
  • unenlightened
    If only the thread could have been closed after the op.

But now we have to confront the very real possibility that a dick can be excellent when it feels the urge.

And this means that dicks have options that the excellent do not, and the excellent have restrictions that dicks do not. and that results in the triumph of the dicks, and the happy ending of excellent adventures is a fairytale of wishful thinking, or the cover story of a couple of dicks.
  • Tom Storm
    The one I saw on a t-Shirt.

BfxNQ9mCYAA08fr.jpg
  • jorndoe
    , gotta' watch for casuistry :up:

, ;)

, getting a bit...racy...? :D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.