• Tom Storm
    Really? It seems implied in relation to Mr H.
  • Leontiskos

At least not in its recent revival. I wasn't a member when the thread began six months ago. Again, if Heidegger were a logician it would be different (link), because it is plausible that logic and ethics have no interrelation. The crux of this issue is illustrated by the difference between and .
  • Tom Storm
    Ok. Well then I don't know what this debate is about. I thought the central focus was about whether H's work is contaminated or undermined by his Nazism. Since I have no expertise in Nazism or Heidegger's particular type of existential phenomenology, I should probably leave this to the cognoscenti. :wink:
  • Leontiskos
    I thought the central focus was about whether H's work is contaminated or undermined by his Nazism.Tom Storm

Yes, but the argument you give is not the only one by which someone could reach such a conclusion: "because someone may be problematic [therefore] this bleeds into all their activities."
  • Tom Storm
    I wasn't aware I had given an actual argument. I simply made the observation that a bad person may produce good things, which can be bundled with a number of other statements made herein.
  • Leontiskos

Interesting, thanks. I will be visiting my parents soon and will have to dig some of my Heidegger books out of storage.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.