• Hanover
    I moved and am awaiting my opponent.

I just wanted to be able to say that one time.
  • Mikie

We’ll all be DEAD before we finish this game…
  • praxis
    Nah, at this pace it'll be just a few short years.
  • Mikie
    :yawn:
  • Mikie

Your move buddy…
  • praxis
    We’ll all be DEAD before we finish this game…Mikie

I’m beginning to think that that’s his basic can’t lose strategy.
  • Mikie

Your move buddy…

:yawn:
  • Mikie

Yes…bore the opponent to insanity.
  • Hanover
    3 day time control isn't really all that long.
  • Mikie

It’s taken me no more than 2 or 3 minutes to move so far. I guess some people need a lot longer…

:cool:
  • praxis
    Hmm, no brilliant moves yet. Let's see some brilliant moves, guys.

chess.png

I know, what you need is the perfect cheer.

dance-cheer.gif
  • Mikie

Yeah but the game reviews are mostly bullshit.

Pawn to g4 wasn’t brilliant but it was definitely excellent, and exactly the kind of move the computer won’t understand.
  • praxis

Indeed, no machine mind could predict the best move against a mind like Hanover mind.
  • Hanover
    The analysis I think conclusively proves that neither of us are cheating.

One thing I don't like is the inablity to analyze the position by moving the pieces around within the program. I've had to download the position in FEN format and then find a program that would accept that, and I had to find one that wouldn't then start trying to computer analyze it.

It would seem the feature I'm looking for would be standard. If I lose, it will be because of the frustration caused by this cumbersome process.

I also think we should set up a live tournament with whoever wants to join in. I'm not sure how complicated that would be on Chess.com . I remember years ago I joined it and they were still using these dot commands where you had to put a period before a command and then it would do whatever, and you had to learn the lingo. All losses during that time period were also caused by frustration.
  • Mikie
    If I lose, it will be because of the frustration caused by this cumbersome process.Hanover

Got it. :up:

If I lose it’ll be because of I’ve died of old age.

I also think we should set up a live tournament with whoever wants to join in. I'm not sure how complicated that would be on Chess.com .Hanover

Not sure we’d have enough people, but it’d be fun if we did. We could simply set up brackets ourselves if chess.com is too cumbersome.
  • praxis
    If I lose it’ll be because of I’ve died of old age.Mikie

:lol:
  • Hanover
    If I lose it’ll be because of I’ve died of old age.Mikie

We've been playing for 17 days and we're on move 26, which is over 1 move per day, with a time control of 3 days per person per move, which translates into up to 6 days per move, so we're actually moving fairly fast with this time control.

You guys probably never played real postal chess (snail mail), where you'd have 5 days to make each move in addition to mailing times.

I consider this to be lightening chess.
  • praxis
    Getting more suspenseful now.

jon-stewart-eat.gif
  • Mikie
    we're actually moving fairly fast with this time control.Hanover

I meant to pick 3 hours…
  • Mikie

I like my position more than his right now…

I think the Vegas odds are on my side.
  • praxis

My money is on black at this point.
  • praxis
    Rooks would fit nicely into those open D & G columns.
  • praxis
    Hanover avoids the fork, threatens with a pawn on h5.

You know things are not going well when a pawn takes the lead. But perhaps it’s merely a diversion from a deeper sinister plan.
  • praxis
    Still no brilliant moves, guys. Let's see some magic!

chess2.png
  • praxis
    Mikie baits the trap with c4. :gasp:
  • praxis
    Haha! Hanover takes the bait.

chess3.png
  • Mikie

No trap, just a mindless move. C4 was a blunder and most likely cost me the game. This is what happens when you spend less than a minute on a move. :roll: Credit to Hanover for not overthinking that one.
  • praxis

It seems that Hanover's strategy of boring you into complacency may ultimately prove successful. :broken: :lol:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment