• Tom Storm
    Father, Alpha male that he is, has time to play with the dog but mother doesn't have time to sit and pet puff. Dick, helmet on and balls in hand, is playing too. Little Sally is being trained to be a household drudge just like her mother.

Where is Jane? Mothers for Liberty might well ask where Jane is--certainly not being supervised by here mother and father. She's probably out on the street being tricked into prostitution. She'll be seeing a lot of dick.
    BC

Don't know how I missed this. Nicely done. :wink:
  • Athena
    Okay we have an agreement that knowledge of matriarchies has value.
    Yes. Thankfully not everyone is swayed by the belief in monetary value above all else. When it comes to the US (looking in from the outside) it does appear to hold more sway over there than in Europe. There are other differences too, and I believe it is mostly connected to a stronger sense of patriotism (which I personally dislike).I like sushi

Money is power and I can see a problem with speaking of it as an evil. If we were a herd of sheep or buffalo we would be looking for food, instead of worrying about how to get the money to pay for it. I think I am fumbling in the effort to find the right words. Buddhism makes an issue of not allowing ourselves to be driven by desires but all of nature is driven by desires and that is not evil.

Having a good economy is important to everyone, so maybe we should give some thought to how that is possible. But, but, wow, I can not find the words for my thought, there needs to be an element of heart in our considerations of what is desirable. Who should we include and who should be excluded from our struggle to have a good life? I don't know if men ask questions like this?

I wish I had time to read another book but I don't. Perhaps you could share some of it because I think there is something I am trying to know but I can not. I need more information.

I read, settling down to be farmers was a huge shift in Hebrew morality. When they were herders they shared the land and the herds in common. When they settled into farming, the individual family took precedence. They began competing with each other for resources and this new situation demanded a new morality.

By the way, I think we are in the Resurrection. A time when the sciences are revealing the past and we have to learn from it and rethink everything so we are living as best we can with our present reality that is very different from the past.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.