• Agent Smith
    Miracles are the mainstay of theistic justification for the divine. Here I'm going to present a simple analysis of the miracles performed by Jesus and demonstrate how He covers all the three branches of science (physics, chemistry, biology) & mathematics.

Here goes nothing ...

1. Walking on water: Physics (Archimedes' principle)

2. Converting water into wine: Chemistry (Fermentation)

3. Resurrection: Biology (Death)

4. Sancta Trinitas Unus Deus: Mathematics (Addition, 1 = 1 + 1 + 1 = 3)

This is an attack on all fronts, Bill Nye, the science guy!

:chin:

Addendum

If a person really wanted to perform miracles in a sensible way, which specific laws of science would he/you want violated? You know, to leave no doubt at all that one is a, if not the, god.
  • Vera Mont
    Who attacked whom?
  • Vera Mont
    I'm not seeing Bill Nye's role in the attack.
    I get that miracles contravene the rules of physics, chemistry and biology. Jesus had nothing to do with that trinity business, but he sure did a number on math when he served all those fish sandwiches.
    But isn't that the whole point of miracles?
  • Agent Smith
    Why are the miracles comprehensive as in touches all the major branches of science + math and also anticipatory in re them? It's as if Jesus knew he had to break the laws of all the sciences we know of in the 21st century and also mess with math ... later ... vicariously? Is he coming ... back? :lol:
  • Vera Mont
    It's as if Jesus knew he had to break the laws of all the sciences we know of in the 21st centuryAgent Smith

Maybe he had inside information?

What's the objective of this inquiry?
  • Agent Smith
    No specific issue I want to discuss; just thought it might be an interesting convo piece.
  • Vera Mont
    Ah. I have an idea how it's likely to go...if it goes. Clash of the realms.
  • Agent Smith
    Yep, if history is a reliable record.
  • BC
    Sancta TrinitasAgent Smith

I've never heard a good explanation of the Trinity. At any rate, Jesus didn't have anything to do with it. The idea of the triune God was cooked up, starting in the 4th century. Seems to me that it was in response to several heresies which, as it happened, had many followers. Some of the heresies make more sense than some of the official doctrines.

As for the miracles...

a) they never happened
    b) something explainable happened and was later embellished
    c) they might have been invented at a later date to strengthen the claim of Jesus' divine power
    d) Jesus was divine and literally raised Lazarus from the dead, among other things

Pick one.
  • Agent Smith

Neat!

It's rather curious that Yeshua would perform miracles in all the branches of science - it bears all the hallmarks of a power display, designed as it were to intimidate science! Miracles are basically a slap in the face for scientia.

The riddle of the Triune God is again an act of domination, this time over mathematics.

In one fell swoop, all science & mathematics are demolished, reduced to rubble, razed to the ground. Only then could religion (fidei) find a foothold in our psyche. The void that was left by the death of reason (science & math) was filled by birth of faith (Christianity).
  • Nils Loc
    The annoying guru, Sadhguru, performs an age old ritual of supposedly turning mercury into a solid by mind alone. This is purely chemistry however, where a different metal is introduced into the mercury at room temperature to create an amalgam. He's a liar!
  • Xanatos
    Question about Jesus: They say that he was lifted up to Heaven after his Resurrection, right? Yet we've already been above the clouds (with airplanes) and even in space and there's no Heaven anywhere there. So, where exactly was Jesus allegedly lifted up to?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.