• 0 thru 9
    Number one addiction in terms of number of people? Sugar.

I think a huge health problem in “developed nations” is diabetes, and related blood sugar conditions. The majority of adults I know (including myself) are affected. And many of them are having trouble breaking the sugar / refined white flour habit.

It’s a tough addiction to break, because a person will start getting faint and cranky when the blood sugar dips low on its roller coaster ride. Then they will probably eat more snacks which only temporarily solves the problem. I went years with low blood sugar and brain fog before switching to a low-carb diet.

It’s an adjustment to go low-carb, but after a week it feels great. And just gets better and easier. Thank goodness for Stevia as a sugar replacement. Basically there are only two sources of energy for the body: carbohydrates and fats. A diet high in sugars and refined flour tells the body to STORE FAT. A diet high in fat (strangely enough) tells the body to BURN FAT. And the high fat diet will promote a stabilizing of insulin release, so all those symptoms like irritability, confusion, hunger are gone.

We have this fear of eating fats. We think our arteries will clog and we’ll gain massive weight. I think most of us are probably low on fat, especially the omega-3 fats.

Don’t fear our friends the fatty foods. Have an avocado! :victory:
  • 0 thru 9
    Mostly, no. It's not for everyone, and I suffered psychosis from psilocybin. It should be noted that there's a bias towards reporting positive experiences on the internet that makes psychedelics look warm and friendly, even if you're down and depressed internally, which can contribute to a bad trip.

How about you?
    Shawn

Wow, sorry to hear that! Well sometimes you have to experiment...

I have not tried magic mushrooms, but I would probably try a small dose. LSD scares me, even if i knew it was from a good source. But i hear some people have benefited from micro-dosing it.

Right now, CBD and hemp infused with delta-8 is proving very helpful, physically and emotionally. I’m still learning the science of it, like make it more bioavailable in the body by eating it with fat, since it’s fat-soluble. Black pepper and others herbs help the body absorb it better.

https://www.anaviimarket.com/blogs/news/what-is-cbd-bioavailability-and-why-does-it-matter
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.