• universeness
    Neither to me are incompatible.Benj96

Well, where I suggest that @180 Proof is being a doomster and a pessimist is that the over-population we experience today and the 'pressing' problems we experience today can only be solved by what @180proof labelled a Malthusian (which I had to google) solution. I suggest that is dystopian and in is no way necessary or inevitable or even the most likely outcome of our current conditions, even based on all the horrors we see today. I also don't accept that advances we make in transhumanism means that our 'early' stages of life cannot still be nurtured, protected and enjoyed. A baby becomes an infant, teenager, young adult, middle aged, old and then before death, starts to employ tech to become transhuman, IF THEY CHOOSE TO. That to me is not a utopia, it's just a projection of a possible future that gives humans more protection, control and choice in their lives.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.