• Moliere
    Why did you do it? Where did you go?hypericin

Far too many reasons to make sense of :D -- for me, looking back now, I'd say I probably didn't have much of a choice. I certainly wasn't happy with my life situation and job and such, though. But me-then wouldn't have put it in those terms, either.

Where I went -- all over. Also too long to list. Probably wouldn't help you make a decision either, to be honest.

I have no regrets.

But let's just say I know what I'm saying when I say 5 to 10 years down the line ;) That's the consequence you'd be looking at, more than likely, so it's one you should consider
  • Agent Smith
    Am I introducing new constraints? Working until retirement is a massive constraint, the expenditure of the bulk of life, and is predicated on having a livable retirement to work for. This presumption is at least called into question now. My state of mind is that I have only a few goodish years left, which is, as ↪Agent Smith points out, the mental state of a terminal cancer patient. The feeling that I am squandering these few precious good years has become overwhelming.hypericin

It's impossible, life, but do note that what we take to be life isn't actually life.

Concerned father: Is he dead?
    Teacher (who administered the fatal beating): Deadish, yes!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.