• Tzeentch
    Hey all,

This forum has seen a great many discussions on politics and economics. Everyone seems to be in agreement that something is terribly wrong with our system. Many blame capitalism, others (myself included) blame central banks and government.

However, in these discussions it became clear to me that the issue rests with both of these - I've called it an unholy alliance against the common man before.

This video does a great job at explaining the economic dimension of this problem and I thought I'd share it with you all - I think it hits the nail on the head:

• Agent Smith
    I could be miles off the target, but it seems as though politics is about economics. How good/bad an economic policy is either makes/breaks parties/governments/campaigns. Oui mon ami?
  • 0 thru 9

Could you give a summary of the video perhaps? The highlights or most relevant to your post... thanks.

But just the thread title makes me nod in agreement. Something is rotten in Denmark, and if we follow the money we are certain to find the stinkers. Let the 1% devour each other like huge dinosaurs to give us little primates some room. Being clever primates, we each have a monkey wrench. But where in the machine to throw it?
  • schopenhauer1

Tying in my thread on technology..it doesn’t matter finance as much as who holds and distributes the knowledge and understanding.

Your phone, computer, cars, and electrical grid is controlled by those who know how these are made and can bring the resources together to get these produced and distributed. You can’t. You couldn’t alone anyways. These are forces bigger than you and that makes all the difference.
  • Tzeentch
    In a nutshell, it is about a report done by an analyst at BlackRock in which they predict the next financial crisis (the one we're about to be in now) even before covid, and discuss how to combat it in a way by which the corporate and political elite suffer the least, and the common man is made to bear the cost, mostly through limitless money printing - eerily similar to what we're seeing today.

The video is already a summary, so I don't care to summarize it even more, and I am also not an economist so I wouldn't do a great job at it.
  • Deus
    I think you give the elites to much credit as for politicians most have no principles and are naive.

But then because anyone can make it we all have the same flaws.
  • BC
    discuss how to combat it in a way by which the corporate and political elite suffer the least, and the common man is made to bear the costTzeentch

This is the way our world works. It's not a conspiracy; it's in the DNA of ruling class behavior.
  • Tzeentch
    Well, yes. Nothing new under the sun there.

However, this video gives a lot of insights into the mechanisms of how that works. How economic policy that benefits countries and normal people does not benefit the powers that be, and vice versa.
  • Agent Smith
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. — Spock

:chin:

Nobody's gonna believe that cock and bull story now, oui mes amies?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment