• Seeker
    I have absolutely no desire for meatThinkOfOne

This holds true for me as well and however I could deny the fact that roasted pork smells good to me I wont but which also doesnt mean I have to satisfy whatever association of taste I'm experiencing with whatever smell at such moment. I unvoluntarily undergo it as the stark reminder of the conditioning, of what it left behind, and though I rather not be reminded or stirred it holds value in that way.
  • Cobra
    At what point does a human being rationalise it’s consumption ?Deus

Why do humans have to "rationalize" their consumption and not other animals? What is the point intellectualizing an animal eating another animal? It's simple, humans are HANGRY and HONGRY.

In your same post you claim fish have enough emotionality to not be "food", but also make some kind of implication that fish should still not be eaten, but you do not extent this type of equal protection to humans. Humans have to modify basic human needs and desires; but a fish with enough emotionality to be considered a 'protected species to be as HANGRY as it wants and eat everything in sight' is perfectly okay. Uh, why?

The sharks are so emotionally intelligent humans should just die by their jaws because the shark is simply hangry?

What about invasive protein plump pests eating up all the vegetation? Do you think humans should move them to someone else's lawn, peacefully let them thrive because oh no the pain or start 'rationally' consuming them for protein?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet