• schopenhauer1
    I’m particularly talking about the aspect of human existence where we cannot understand the technology that we use and replicate it. If anything we can know and/or replicate a very very small portion of it. Rather, much larger forces are in charge of much bigger processes like mining and manufacturing, physics, chemistry, materials, engineering, and electronics and we just passively “use them”. This just leads to the fact that everything is set for us. We are disconnected from that which sustains us.

We as individuals are in the dark of our means of survival conceptually and practically. It diminishes us to helpless cogs that can have no real agency. You have your framework.

Now there will be posters who will wax on about how we are a system and this is tangential to the point. There will also be posters who will try to explain about cultural and economic progression, especially about specialization. And whilst obviously true in a descriptive sense, is tangential to the point.

There are hopefully some who straight away understand the pessimism in this. I’d like to engage with them. There will be others who are confused as to it’s connection with pessimism. I’d like to engage with them as well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.