• Joshs
    I'm talking about those in power, whether in an organization or the whole country.L'éléphant

Do you ever wonder how different things might look to you if you were the one in power?
  • Deus

I’ve lost you ? The train of thought goes something like this … humans have both the capacity for good/evil. Greed and other more explicit forms of immorality should be self assessed by each individual to live in a symbiotic relationship with nature. By nature I include your fellow human being…by for example not taking his land because you think the grass is greener over there. Nor dumping toxic material in the ocean as sometimes by oversight or cost cutting some large corporations do…
  • Agent Smith
    Stupidity is underrated. Its value is amply demonstrated by it persistence and dissemination in the gene pool. It's as if mother nature's mantra is keep 'em stupid or else ... they'll find out (life's as pointless as it's painful).
  • god must be atheist
    N.b Not exactly asking for utopia either but an improvement on the current state of things.Deus

If you want to modify the behaviour of a large number of people, you must study how to modify the behaviour of a large number of people.

Asking me to do that is futile. I can't modify my own behaviour, for crying out loud.

Can you modify your own behaviour? Can you give three examples where you modified the behaviour of several people at once, let's say, the behaviour of seven or more people?

Modifying human behaviour is beyond the range and domain of human behaviour. Only religions, laws, and wars can accomplish that. And, of course, peer pressure, but that's not done by one leader, but by a community.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.