• javi2541997
    Translation please.Agent Smith

"[Moses] said, I have been a stranger in a strange land."
  • javi2541997

Moses is supposed to be Israelite. But yes, according to the period of his existence he was Egyptian.

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, secretly hid him when Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed in order to reduce the population of the Israelites. Through Pharaoh's daughter (identified as Queen Bithia in the Midrash), the child was adopted as a foundling from the Nile and grew up with the Egyptian royal family
  • Agent Smith
    "[Moses] said, I have been a stranger in a strange land."javi2541997

Kinda like how Einstein couldn't accept action at a distance - it was "spooky" to him. It just didn't make sense to his humongous brain. He wasn't alone though; Newton famously replied "hypothesis non fingo" which in modern terms translates to "I haven't the foggiest". Sounds better in Latin don't it?

By the way merci beaucoup for the translation.
  • Art48
    they refer to 1) a "rational" God and 2) a God that think as humans think. Yet, such a God may not exist.Alkis Piskas
    Yes. One take away from the lack of a scripture (as described in the OP) is that God as often conceived may not exist.
  • Alkis Piskas
    One take away from the lack of a scripture (as described in the OP) is that God as often conceived may not exist.Art48
    Right. And when we are talking about the concept of God, must also take into consideration that he is conceived differently among different religions.
  • Ciceronianus
    Poor old Lewis. If only he had died in that train wreck, too.

Can't delete, alas.
  • Agent Smith
    A genuine word of God, let's see ... shouldn't it be first and foremost al-Haqq (the truth) about us? Genocides (used herein as the worst-case scenario) I think that's us, yeah, that's definitely us ... the Bible does contain passages on how this tribe wiped out that tribe and how that tribe did the same or so I'm told.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.