• Art48
    Anti-abortion people often ask, “What if you had been aborted?” implying that it’s better to be born than not. But most anti-abortion people are religious, which means they have weak reasoning powers, because according to standard Christian dogma, it’s better not to have been born. Most religious people don’t have the wit to discover that truth, although it’s perfectly obvious.

First of all, what happens to the “baby” who is aborted? There are only two possible afterlife destinations in Christianity: heaven or hell. (Catholics once had the destination of limbo, but have recently given up on that idea.) So, where does the aborted “baby” go?

Would God send an innocent, aborted “baby” to hell, to suffer eternal torture? Most Christians would answer a heart-felt NO! But not all Christians because some believe the insane idea that God condemns to eternal torture almost all of humanity, i.e., all those who haven’t accept Jesus as their person savior (many Protestant denominations), or all those who die in a state of mortal sin (Catholicism).

But if we suppose aborted babies go straight to heaven, then going straight to heaven is obviously better than being born, because if you’re born, the possibility exists you may end up in hell. Go straight to heaven or be born, suffer life’s pains, and maybe end up in hell? I’ll take straight to heaven, please!

And for the Christians who believe aborted babies go to hell (due to original sin), we point out that many, even most, abortions are spontaneous abortions, also call stillbirths, also called acts of God. So, God causes (or allows) a stillbirth and then sends the “baby” to hell for all eternity? It’s possible, I suppose, but who believes it? No one in their right mind, I’d say.

But anyone who believes aborted “babies” (whether an induced abortion, i.e., an abortion due to human agency, or a spontaneous abortion, i.e., an act of God) go straight to heaven, it plain that being aborted is superior to being born.

QED
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.