• TiredThinker
    Are there official and public records of the number of people registered in each party?
  • javi2541997

Yes, there are official records of people affiliated to each party. Those tend to be the ones who support the group economically. If you have a big number of affiliates you have more chances to be stronger in the next elections.
    Whenever you sign your affiliation in a political party this information goes to the minister of treasury to control if their fees are transparent.

A brief example of affiliates in my country:
    With the exception of Unidas Podemos that you don't need to pay fees to join them

G754WNAVSWF4JRJFCTY4WG3H3I.png
  • TiredThinker
    No I mean registered to vote as one party member or another?
  • BC
    In the US there are public records of registered voters, voters by parties, voters by voting--that they voted--not who they voted for--and so forth. There are also records of donations to parties / candidates.

Of course, there are ways of donating $10,000,000 to Candidate Crook without being listed. How is on a need-to-know basis. If you have to ask how, then you don't need to know. Similary, if you need to ask how much it costs to buy a candidate, then you can't afford it.
  • BC
    If there is a "closed primary", voters have to declare which party primary they are voting in. One can become a member of a party. That puts you on a list.
  • TiredThinker
    I only ask because I read a poll claiming a certain percent of people of one party affiliation have particular beliefs and I wanted to get a sense of how many people that actually is.
  • TiredThinker
    Where can these numbers be found? Is there a government site?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment