• Darkneos
    I'm sort of an outlier as I long for death, an end to the song and dance of life, an end to everything.

I tend to view existence as a chore to tolerate, and yes that includes all the "positive" things people say make life worth living. Personally I don't see that as a reason to stick around.

Granted I have nothing to compare death to, but considering those who pass don't come back and there seems to be no afterlife as far as we can tell I think it's safe to say it's the end of all things of life. Love, joy, sadness, fear, anger, pain, etc. To me that sounds like a good deal.

I get the common response that "you have so much to live for, what about the good stuff"? To that I say, in death I will have no desire or need to do any of that stuff so it's a moot point and not really a reason to stick around. I mean there would be no "me" right?

That said suicide isn't an option, at least with the current stance on it. Survival drive is too strong so the best is to live comfortably until death comes to claim me.

I was wondering if anyone else thinks similarly or if they have a counter to what I've mentioned. I realize I'm alone, but also I have a hard time discussing this anywhere else because people immediately say you need therapy. I consider that a dodge to my stance on this and a symptom of society's collective fear around death, I mean we can't even talk about it without people thinking there is something "Wrong" with you.
  • Baden
    This discussion was merged into Life Sucks: (General Anti-Life Thread)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.