• Agent Smith
    When challenged by a "true believer" to say what i "believe in", since I reject their "One True God", I often just quote Isaac Asimov: "I believe in evidence." :fire:
    I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be.
    180 Proof

Sagan standard, quite popular and makes sense from the perspective of proportio divina (evidence should be proportionate to the claim).

However,

Certum est, quia impossibile (It is certain because it is impossible). — Tertullian

The intent of a lie is to deceive. To deceive, the lie has to be plausible. In other words, the probability that a claim is a lie is inversely proportional to its plausibility. The less plausible a statement, the less likely it is a lie. Ergo, Tertullian. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! :snicker:
  • Bret Bernhoft

You are correct. The word "magick" does imply the original Hermetic meaning of causing transformation in alignment with one's will. In terms of teaching magick to anyone, this website is a great place to start. IMO, the best way to teach magick is to both embody said subject through metaphor.
  • javi2541997
    In terms of teaching magick to anyone, this website is a great place to start. IMO, the best way to teach magick is to both embody said subject through metaphor.Bret Bernhoft

Probably I am lost in the issue, but it looks like another type of religion with their own sects. It is true that I have confused it with paganism, but it turned out that it is more related to Christianity.
    (At least according to the information you provided us).
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.