• Relinquish
    Evidently, there is an apparent "inside" (e.g. me), and an apparent "outside" (e.g. not me).

Logically, the "inside" cannot possibly be "not outside" (as it is) in the absence of an "outside", just as the "outside" cannot possibly be "not inside" (as it is) in the absence of an "inside".

To hypothetically elaborate, if the "inside" were to somehow completely annihilate the "outside", the "inside" would no longer be able to BE "not outside", and so would no longer be able to BE the "inside".

Conversely, if the "outside" were to somehow completely annihilate the "inside", the "outside" would no longer be able to BE "not inside", and so would no longer be able to BE the "outside".

In this way, the very IDENTITY of the "inside" fundamentally includes the "outside" WITHIN itself, just as the very IDENTITY of the "outside" fundamentally includes the "inside" WITHIN itself.

This being the case, neither the "inside" nor the "outside" can ACTUALLY be the solely self-inclusive entities that they conceptually SEEM to be, but rather, are both justifiably regardable as "presently apparent features of Existence Itself".

Logically, there can be no reason why Existence Itself has ANY apparent features at all, let alone THESE apparent features.

Evidently, this is simply It's nature.

Just as an ocean is one water that IS many waves, Existence Itself is one permanent substance that IS many impermanent forms.

In this way, many EQUALS one.....
  • T Clark
    Ok. Now what? Why is it significant?
  • jgill
    Just as an ocean is one water that IS many waves, Existence Itself is one permanent substance that IS many impermanent formsRelinquish

Pleasant observation. :chin:
  • Banno
    Evidently, there is an apparent "inside" (e.g. me), and an apparent "outside" (e.g. not me).Relinquish

Why?
  • Mikie
    Evidently, there is an apparent "inside" (e.g. me), and an apparent "outside" (e.g. not me).Relinquish

Nope. Already way too much baggage here.
  • Gregory

Is this related to Kant?
  • jgill
    Is this related to Kant?Gregory

It Kant be.
  • Nils Loc
    Is there really (apparently) just one substance?
  • Agent Smith
    Apophatic vicious circle (loop):

What is inside?

Not outside!

What is outside?

Not inside!

1 is Not 0 and 0 is Not 1 where the only possibilities are 1 and 0.

1 = ~0 and 0 = ~1. Aye!

---

Not that 1 isn't 0 and 0 isn't 1.

~1 = 0 and ~0 = 1. Nay!

:snicker:

I don't wanna know what it isn't. I wanna know what it is! — Capt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise

Math to the rescue! How exactly? :snicker:
  • Tate
    In this way, many EQUALS one.....Relinquish

Yes.
  • Agent Smith
    Well, it feels right to say that opposites make sense i.e. are imbued with meaning only with respect to each other (one can't exist without the other). Thus, from a dualistic perspective, we must take both (all) or neither (nothing) - it's impossible to decouple a thing from its opposite herein meant as a thing and its negation. Mutual dependence ensures that both live or both die. In this sense, OP, the many two are one. :snicker:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.