• Agent Smith
    The Ideaverse: The world of ideas.

The assumption: More (ideas) the merrier!

Crisis: Overpopulation! Ideas (memes) multiplying like rabbits! Information overload!

The danger: System crash!

Solution: Trimming, cull the herd! Less is more! Minimalism!
  • Jack Cummins

Sometimes it is information overload. It may be important to be selective because we are not mere seives to be filled with information. I read a lot but sometimes less is more, because there is the active engagement with the ideas. I know some people who go through periods where they stop reading. I wouldn't go that far but sometimes I try reading too many books at once and get rather overwhelmed, lost in the maze of the ideaverse.
  • Agent Smith

I was only exploring the available options. When a hedge reaches a certain threshold, the next thing that happens is it begins to grow to an unmanageable size. It is then that we hire someone to trim it to ensure things don't get out of hand in your lovely garden (of Eden)! Remember how God did the same to A & E? It's the same logic, the same idea, the same mindset.

We could do the same with the ideaverse, oui, Jack? We don't want something so complex that it loses all practical value, si? Remember the novacula Occami and KISS ( :kiss: )?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.