• HardWorker
    I know that bumping threads isn't allowed on this forum, but how about if you revisit a form you started in which nobody has said anything in it for months and you have since thought of something else to say so you want to post another response to the thread, is that acceptable?
  • BC
    Bumping threads isn't allowed? I don't know what that means.

I would think that returning to a more or less dead thread and adding something to it would be altogether acceptable.
  • Baden

It's ok if you have something new to say and/or the issue has become current again, as with the Roe v Wade thread. That's not bumping. Bumping is posting a reply purely to get attention for a thread, usually one that posters are losing interest in.
  • ssu
    I think that continuing old threads is a good thing to do. Far better that there is one long thread about some subject than 10 short ones. It also makes the threads interesting themselves.

For me it's great that in the political or current threads Corona pandemic has basically just one thread. Or then there is the long Trump thread. Yet many philosophical threads can be "years long". And why not?

Some philosophical questions don't change a lot in time.
  • Hillary

As long the thread can be visited you can reply. Thats on all forums. Why not? That's what they are for, not?
  • HardWorker
    Thank you everybody for the feedback. I've got some old threads that I would like to say more stuff on, I will get to it. :smile:
  • Agent Smith
    What's the this thread was merged with... announcements some posters are greeted to?
  • Baden

It means what it says. Not sure where the confusion lies...
  • Agent Smith
    It means what it says. Not sure where the confusion lies...Baden

If you don't let us resurrect old threads then you shouldn't be killing new ones, si? If you merge new threads, you don't want (needless) repetition. If you don't want us to revive old threads, you don't mind repetitions. Make up yer mind! On second thought, no, don't do that.

The choices are

1. Zombies (Jesus)

Or

2. Toxic Twins (A series of prophets)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention