• Agent Smith
    In the eyes of Wittgenstein, a philosopher has a huge outgrowth, or soft hanging blob, on the side of his/her skull containing the neo-cortex part for language. They usually lean slightly to the other side for balance.Hillary

:chin:
  • Agent Smith
    He's not alone.Banno

Thank G... I'm an agnostic! What's the equivalent to "Thank God" in atheism/agnosticism?
  • Agent Smith
    Thus it is metaphysically possible for there to be no truths.Bartricks

For now, let's say my thesis is restricted to worlds with minds.

You touched upon something that's been bothering me viz. the necessity for minds! A universe that contains information must also have minds, the two complementing each other to constitute knowledge [a mind (a belief), a true proposition, justification for that proposition].

On that view, God is a necessary being - He hasta exist or else there won't be knowledge (omniscience) or something like that.
  • Hillary
    What's the equivalent to "Thank God" in atheism/agnosticism?Agent Smith

The first one who says you make ñoise, I will personally... How philosophical can it get?
  • Agent Smith
    The first one who says you make ñoise, I will personally... How philosophical can it get?Hillary

:grin: Thanks
  • Hillary

Thank the Eternal Virtual Particle Vacuum! Thank Vipav! Doddamnit, I'm good!
  • Hillary
    In the eyes of Wittgenstein, a philosopher has a huge outgrowth, or soft hanging blob, on the side of his/her skull containing the neo-cortex part for language. They usually lean slightly to the other side for balance.
    — Hillary

Agent Smith

By which I mean that Wittstone assigns too much importance to the language facilities of the brain, situated in a thin region of the neo-cortex. His caricature image of the philosopher is a figure with a language blob growing out of the neo-cortical language region. And because of the extra weight the figure has to lean to the other side (right side, if It not mistaken) to stay balanced.
  • Hillary
    Is the proposition that there are no true or false propositions true or false?
    If there are no true or false propositions, can you say then this is a true or false proposition? No, and then it doesn't make sense to talk about them either. There are only propositions then.
    So the proposition should be: there are propositions. Which is evidently true.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.