• Agent Smith
    Fortunetelling is big business I hear.

Nostradamus was an examplar of prognostication. His quatrains were examined in much detail and one particular prophecy he made that gives me goose bumps is the name of a world leader who would cause a major war; Nostradamus called this leader Hister (83% match with Hitler; got mixed up between "s" and "l", plus the letter order is off, only slightly though). Memory is not perfect, you know!

Anyway...

What bothers me is this: there's no essential difference between a vision (of the future) and a recollection (of the past) - both, I presume, take the form of mental images (black & white or color) and sounds (music, speech, ambient noise, etc.).

That would mean, (a) Nostradamus could've been a time traveller i.e. he died in the future and was reborn in the past: his "predictions" were actually memories!

Paul the Octopus was from the future! :scream:
  • Hillary
    That would mean, (a) Nostradamus could've been a time traveller i.e. he died in the future and was reborn in the past: his "predictions" were actually memories!Agent Smith

Memories of the future he traveled to, like us, and then returning to the past? Just travel to the past? That's difficult, AS. But out of curiosity, did he say anything about WW3? I know he rightly predicted the Iranian revolution too.
  • Agent Smith
    Memories of the future he traveled to, like us, and then returning to the past? Just travel to the past? That's difficult, AS. But out of curiosity, did he say anything about WW3? I know he rightly predicted the Iranian revolution too.Hillary

For starters visit Nostradamus.
  • Hillary
    "END OF DAYS 
    Nostradamus made chilling prediction of WW3 in 2023 after ‘correctly foreseeing’ Ukraine conflict this year"

So, we at least have another carefree summer!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.