• Agent Smith
    Everyone's heard the story of Cinderella, the beauitful maiden ill-treated by her step-mom & step-sisters. I'll get straight to the point and (spoiler alert) tell you how it ends. A handsome prince (who else?) manages to find his true love, Cinderella, with the help of a glass slipper the heroine leaves behind as she hastily exits the ball room. The prince's method of identifying his love: The glass slipper will fit only Cinderella's foot.

Women, from my interactions with them, are fussy about their attire. I've heard more often than I care to count the question "Does x go with y?" where x and y are items of clothing. Then there's the obsession with color matching their apparel, lipstick color, nail polish, so on and so forth.

The underlying principle of this behavior has an illustrious counterpart in philosophy and its called coherence and consistency. To make the long story short, women desire consistency and coherence in their apperance!

Ladies would make great philosophers then, oui?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.