• unenlightened
    unenlightened is known to be a naive realist, and fan of Hume. What else can we put in his obituary?

I'm hoping I can add more exciting questions to this poll as they arise:
    1. Does unenlightened believe in God? (11 votes)
        Theist.
        36%
        Atheist.
        18%
        Agnostic.
        9%
        Other, please vaguely hand wave.
        36%
  • Jack Cummins

From what I have read of your posts you don't appear to be arguing for belief in God, atheism or agnosticism clearly which is why I went for the 'other' box. However, as there are so many threads on this forum it may be that you may have said something really clearly on the existence of God somewhere. I guess that is the problem with so many threads and the busy nature of the forum, going on 24 hours a day. It may mean that parts get missed and hidden in the understanding of each other's complete philosophies.
  • Sir2u
    However, as there are so many threads on this forum it may be that you may have said something really clearly on the existence of God somewhere.Jack Cummins

Now I see his evil plan, he wants people to follow him so that they can get to know him and participate in this thread.

Evil genius. :smirk:
  • unenlightened
    Here's a clue. You're all wrong.

he wants people to follow himSir2u

I never looked that facility before, so I don't follow anyone, but I just looked and discovered I have 22 followers. That's almost a whole cults-worth! I must message them all and tell them where to send their money.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Other: Unenlightened believes Unenlightened is God.
    BTW, so do I
  • Noble Dust

To quote Jung: "I needn't believe. I know."
  • unenlightened
    Philosophers have valiantly fought the tyranny of religion and tradition; but they have come under the sway of the tyranny of knowledge and become hypnotised by the tricks of science. We are ruled by arrogant certainty and it is taking us to our grave. Don't be so sure.

Jung wrote too much. Have you read Alice Miller? Her thesis is that Freud was confronted with patients suffering from traumatisation from child sexual abuse, but because he was being paid by the parents, had to dismiss their experiences as 'fantasy', and invented a whole theory of how this could be, setting the course of psychology back a century and causing untold misery. Jung didn't really get to this either, but got embroiled in the exploration of the same imaginary realm. So it goes.
  • Noble Dust

Haven't read Miller, no. I suppose this thread is just an opportunity for unenlightened to enlighten us? As MU mentioned, we all do consider you god, myself included.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Philosophers have valiantly fought the tyranny of religion and tradition; but they have come under the sway of the tyranny of knowledge and become hypnotised by the tricks of science. We are ruled by arrogant certainty and it is taking us to our grave. Don't be so sure.unenlightened

Those are the words of God Himself! I'm sure of it. Look, He can alter the truth of fundamental arithmetic, He made the poll scores add up to 101%. He\s more powerful than Google!
  • unenlightened
    The blind following an old blind man with a stick, mistaking it for a vision. [tries to remember that old trick of turning a stick into a snake... that was a real deepity.]

He made the poll scores add up to 101%.Metaphysician Undercover

If even one you had been without error, the scores would have added up correctly - it was none of my doing - I didn't even participate. But wait- perhaps the world can yet be redeemed if I do:-

There! order is restored with one percent of freedom.
  • unenlightened
    The numbers do not lie; the votes add up to 99% therefore 1% is free and undecided even amongst those who have voted. As I have often said if the world appears to be in contradiction, change your diction, because the world does what it wants.
  • Moliere

Put it in his obituary that he cared -- more than most.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.