• AndreasJ
    Hi friends,

I would like to discuss this hypothesis:

Epistemology is all about finding out the best prediction methods by viewing Humans as "bots" who continuously tries to guess the reality surrounding them?

This is based on the fact that as epistemologist we try to find out how our brain, locked inside the darkness of our skull, makes justified guesses and models about the reality surrounding us.

Please provide your opinion and how this model could be developed further as a community project?
    2js9oh3ccpv81.png?width=2699&format=png&auto=webp&s=15d8a789aa70affc5eb865ff0edfe078e294f483
  • T Clark
    Please provide your opinionAndreasJ

I don't think our minds try to predict what is real so much as they try to predict what will happen next. As organisms trying to stay alive, that's what's important.

Beyond that, I don't think your illustration represents a hypothesis. It's more a conceptual flow chart of a rational process of knowing. A lot of what we know we don't know through means.

What is the point of saying that we are like robots? Is it to say that we go through this process unconsciously, with no self-awareness?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment