• Tzeentch
    Freedom of expression is a human right. When certain companies grow so large that they have the power to impede human rights you're asking me who is going to compensate them for not violating those rights?

That's a bit obscene.
  • Michael
    Freedom of expression is a human right. When certain companies grow so large that they have the power to impede human rights you're asking me who is going to compensate them for not violating those rights?Tzeentch

Twitter doesn't impede your right to speech. The existence of Twitter doesn't take away other methods of expressing your opinion. Start your own blog or newspaper, or go out onto the streets with a soapbox, or find some other social media company (like Parlor) that lets you say more things than Twitter.

And you didn't answer my question. If Twitter is a public forum then should the taxpayer (of which countries?) fund its expenses?
  • Tzeentch
    Twitter doesn't impede your right to speech.Michael

It certainly does, and Twitter and platforms like Google have already been reprimanded on this issue.

That's what it means to live in a digital age.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.