• universeness
    An electron or muon yesHaglund

From the physics stack exchange:
    Electrons on the other hand, do have rest mass. It is very confusing when somebody learns about rest mass and thinks electrons can actually be brought to rest. In reality they cannot be. No one has ever experimentally seen an actual electron at rest
  • Haglund
    No, they are not observable!universeness

Which doesn't mean they don't exist. If you go there with the sol you'll get there!

It's like the cookie dough example. The TOTALITY of the dough cannot expand if it is infinite but individual regions within the dough may be able to 'distort.'universeness

Infinite dough can get twice as big. Hmmmm...! :yum:
  • universeness
    Which doesn't mean they don't existHaglund

We will never know if something exists or not if we will never have any way to detect it.
    Here is my coordinate system that indicate where your gods live (1,9,2.5.9.0.0.0.0,1,1,1,1, 10278).
    So is this proof your gods exist?
  • Haglund
    From the physics stack exchange:
    Electrons on the other hand, do have rest mass. It is very confusing when somebody learns about rest mass and thinks electrons can actually be brought to rest. In reality they cannot be. No one has ever experimentally seen an actual electron at rest
    universeness

How can an electron not be at rest if it returns? It has to be at rest at some moment.
  • Haglund
    We will never know if something exists or not if we will never have any way to detect it.universeness

But we can! We can fly to the observable edge of what we see and go behind the horizon. Like on Earth.
  • Haglund
    Here is my coordinate system that indicate where your gods live (1,9,2.5.9.0.0.0.0,1,1,1,1, 10278).
    So is this proof your gods exist?
    universeness

Gods don't exist in this universe.
  • Haglund

If thrown up, it returns.
  • universeness
    How can an electron not be at rest if it returns? It has to be at rest at some momentHaglund
    Ever ran around in a circle? If you had your energy replenished as you ran and your leg muscles were indefatigable then you would pass the same points many many times without starting or stopping.
  • SpaceDweller

I think scientific discoveries are on the peak, the universe is dead place that keeps expanding, meaning we'll never be able to reach any planet, we're stuck on planet earth likely until the Sun dies out.

new scientific discoveries are limited to areas that are within reach such as AI, robotics and similar, but physics, space, microscopic world and similar is at dead end.
    scientists will struggle very hard to provide any proof that undermine religious beliefs.

Here is one interesting video about God debate, I find it interesting because it's so hard for scientists to do anything about God:
  • Haglund

I mean if it goes in a straight line and returns.
  • universeness
    Gods don't exist in this universe.Haglund

I agree.

My coordinates for your gods are not in this Universe either! So does that mean they don't exist just because you cant observe or detect the place they refer to.
  • Haglund
    Here is one interesting video about God debate, I find it interesting because it's so hard for scientists to do anything about God:SpaceDweller

They can't do anything against gods. That's their frustration...
  • universeness
    I mean if it goes in a straight line and returnsHaglund

But perhaps it doesn't, perhaps there are no real straight lines in a curved Universe.
  • SpaceDweller
    Gods don't exist in this universe.Haglund
    universe is according to old beliefs abode of evil spirits, and likely that holds even today when universe is mostly studied by scientists.
  • Haglund
    So does that mean they don't exist just because you cant observe or detect the place they refer to.universeness

No. It means they don't exist in our universe. They can show themselves but dont exist here.
  • universeness
    But we can! We can fly to the observable edge of what we see and go behind the horizon. Like on Earth.Haglund

Yeah well, that might take us more time than the lifespan of our Universe.
  • Haglund

A free electron moves in all possible ways. A straight line is one of them.
  • Haglund
    Yeah well, that might take us more time than the lifespan of our Universe.universeness

No, you could reach billions of lightyears in 80 years.
  • universeness

I have watched all of the late Christopher Hitches offerings on YouTube many times and he had little difficulty in swatting his theistic opponents in my opinion.
    The best advice I would have given any theist wishing to debate him regarding god would have been DONT! You will lose!
    I don't share your rather pessimistic viewpoints.
  • Haglund

You haven't beaten me! Apart from dogmatic use of primal fear or telling that Im unconvincing (which is not my intent).
  • universeness
    A free electron moves in all possible ways. A straight line is one of themHaglund

No, you could reach billions of lightyears in 80 yearsHaglund

Ok, perhaps your gods will one day take you there instantly. Thanks for the exchange!
  • Haglund

And the third round goes to...
  • Haglund
    Ok, perhaps your gods will one day take you there instantly. Thanks for the exchange!universeness

You talk theist! No, they won't do that... Thanks for the exchange!
  • universeness
    And the third round goes to...Haglund

You talk theist! No, they won't do that... Thanks for the exchange!Haglund

You sound desperate and at war with yourself.
  • Haglund
    You sound desperate and at war with yourself.universeness

Huh? Projection?
  • SpaceDweller

I think you 2 instead of attacking each other it may be better to put forward arguments for and against God's existence, and then collect as much constructive information as possible to defend your argument.
  • Haglund

I'm not sure the atheist in general accepts my arguments. I consider the fact that we, life, and the universe are there is proof of gods. It can't have caused it's own existence.
  • SpaceDweller

agree, everything that exists must have a cause and nothing can be the cause of itself.
    therefore nature (universe) did not cause itself.
  • universeness
    I think you 2 instead of attacking each other it may be better to put forward arguments for and against God's existence, and then collect as much constructive information as possible to defend your argumentSpaceDweller

Thank you for your comment but Haglund and I remain friends and our dialogue is free and fair with no malice intended or taken. I enjoy debating with him and will continue to do so on other threads.
    His knowledge of cosmology is and always has been detailed and impressive.
  • Haglund

Was writing something in similar lines (except the cosmological part!, but thanks!). The "battle" will continue my friend! :wink:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment