• Hillary

:rage:

Which means, RAAAAAGE... :lol:

Try to explain that consciousness!
  • Possibility
    This doesn't make me understand a single bit what consciousness is. It's like you analyze a dead stone.Hillary

That’s because we prefer to assume that consciousness, and therefore human experience, is something non-physical rather than metaphysical. As scientists and logical thinkers, this is often more reassuring than incorporating all this uncertainty into a ToE.

We like to think that consciousness defines the human experience, but it makes more sense to acknowledge that human experience is an ongoing iteration of what consciousness could become. In the same way that DNA is a static blueprint of what an organism can be, based on the integrated information so far.

But I understand that it seems to you like I’m being overly analytical of consciousness, stripping it of the beauty, terror and wonder that makes us feel conscious and alive. People once felt that way about Darwin’s theory.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.