• Hillary
    Look. As time approaches infinity, or if all matter has turned photonic, then that's the signal for the central singularity to kick off a new inflation with a new thermodynamic time emerging. The only thing gods had to do was create the correct 4d vacuum bulk space with the right virtual particles. 3d space and TD time can emerge on this.
  • Hillary
    It's like they only had to create a bow under great tension. When created, a real arrow takes of (from the vacuum virtuals), the arrow gives the bow slowly It's tension back, while loosing itself all energy, and, BANG!, the bow relaxes again, shooting a new real arrow from the vacuum, which again loads the bow,....etcetra, etcetera...
  • Hillary
    I’ll make you a deal though, if you are not that type of theist. You get all the theists to respect the separation of church and state and ensure no theistic inspired action affects people not of that particular theistic belief and Ill make sure no atheist ever talks about or engages about god ever again. :wink:DingoJones

Only now I saw the deal offered! Yes, agreed. But that should hold for every alliance between worldview, culture and state. Including the scientific worldview, institutionalized and by law intruding into the lives of people without them asking. :smile:
  • Tate
    Theism offers an explanation for our existence, atheism offers no explanations of its own, a weaker position.Gregory A

Why would the lack of explanation be a weakness?
  • Hillary

Dear brother Gregory is no longer with us, regrettably. It appears he said something wrong. About the evil left or something like that. So allow me to answer. In my humble opinion, it's absolutely no weakness not to believe in a reason for existence. If people want to live an irrational life it's completely up to them. It's not a question of being weak or strong and it might even be, get this, a sign of strength to choose for irrationality! So, no worries.
  • 180 Proof
    Why would the lack of explanation be a weakness?Tate
    Well, the enduring strength and prodigeous achievements of modern natural sciences are the result of the interminable search for better explanations which we will always need. On the other hand, "God" is inexplicable – the ur-mystery that begs all questions – and, used to explain "the big picture", always functions as a crutch that cripples both minds and morals. Theists (& other woo-thumpers) are just not strong enough, not courageous enough, not honest enough – in most instances – to admit "I don't know of any good, evidence-based, ultimate explanations" or (more to the point) "the only ultimate explanation that does not entail an infinite regress and therefore requires an arbitrary, question-begging, terminus is There Is No Ultimate Explanation" ... and so they have to make shit up and persecute – often torture & murder – each other "in the name of" different interpretations of the same falsehood.
  • Hillary
    Well, the enduring strength and prodigeous achievements of modern natural sciences180 Proof

Just a value judgement.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.