• ToothyMaw

At a 45 degree angle to piss off the motorists, obviously.
  • EugeneW

Ha! Yes! So God is human after all!
  • EugeneW
    How can he prove she's omnipotent?
  • ToothyMaw

Can't. We would never be able to tell if a being that came to us was just ultra-powerful, or truly omnipotent. A sufficiently powerful being could just seem omnipotent.
  • EugeneW

There you go...
  • Bartricks
    But we have no idea what logical deductions are valid or not according to your view of God. Any random deduction could be absolutely worthless because its negation could also (secretly) be true. We are just groping in the dark, really.ToothyMaw

How does that follow? I am sure - as sure as you are or the next person - that there are no true contradictions. I think that's contingently true, but contingently true doesn't mean 'uncertainly' true.

I exist contingently. Yet I am certain I exist. So I think you are confusing 'necessary' with 'certain' and 'contingent' with 'uncertain'.

THe laws of logic - all of them - are contingent. But that doesn't make them any less certain than they would be if they were necessary.

Note as well that nothing stops the laws of logic changing on any view, so far as I can see. I mean, if you think they're just floating around - an incomprehensible view, but one that some seem to hold - what's to stop them changing? If you think they're being emitted by a Platonic Form what's to stop them changing?
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet