• clemogo
    The other day I came across the Wikipedia article on 'Perspectivism'. In this article there is a section on Nietzsche's version of perspectivism which I found quite interesting. I haven't read any of Nietzsche's works and I'm wondering if someone could tell me which of his books present his perspectivism in the greatest depth. The Wiki article also says that Nietzsche 'addresses the psychological drives that underlie various philosophical programs and perspectives, as a form of critique'. Can anyone tell me in which of Nietzsche's books would I would find these discussions...?

Thanks a lot :)
  • spirit-salamander
    As far as I can recall, the perspectivism is discussed most extensively in The Gay Science (or The Joyful Wisdom).
  • Paine

In that your interest was piqued by the comment: "'addresses the psychological drives that underlie various philosophical programs and perspectives, as a form of critique', I suggest starting with the Genealogy of Morals. In that work, the "perspectives" have a history that does impart a complete explanation but is not arbitrary either.

A large chunk of secondary literature is looking for digestible bite size chunks that a genealogy will not provide.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.