• Banno
    Would you steal someone’s wealth if there was no law or state prohibiting you from doing so?NOS4A2

You missed the point. You don't own anything except in relation to those around you. SO it would not be your wealth.
  • NOS4A2

I don’t get the point. I do not own anything except in relation to those around me because…
  • Agent Smith
    I rely on the good sense of others and from a cursory study of voting outcomes, win-margins are always > 1 i.e. my 1 vote makes no difference. Voting, in that sense, is wasted altruism.
  • Banno
    I don’t get the point.NOS4A2

Narcissism would prevent someone seeing the role played by others in ownership.
  • Banno
    Universalise this. Apply it to everyone.
  • NOS4A2

Ignorance prevents one from giving reasons for his assertions. What role is played by others in ownership?
  • Banno
    It should be obvious. If you own it, someone else does not. Without someone else, ownership is meaningless.

But I doubt that you are constitutional capable of understanding this.
  • NOS4A2

If I own something, someone else does not. Wow. The clouds part and I am finally enlightened.

That’s exactly why I said there no justice in expropriating someone’s wealth and giving it to others.
  • Banno
    The clouds part and I am finally enlightened.NOS4A2

I'm so pleased for you.
  • NOS4A2

If I’m ever the last man on Earth I’ll be sure to remember your penetrating insight and denounce all ownership as meaningless. Thanks for that.
  • Agent Smith
    Universalise this. Apply it to everyone.Banno

:sweat: What I said applies to me and me only. :grin:
  • Agent Smith
    @Banno

The paradox of hair.

There's a dog, Timmy, hairy Timmy, Timmy's warm.

I zero in on one, single hair. I pluck it, nuthin' happens. Timmy's still warm: Timmy's temperature before I plucked that one hair is exactly the same as after I plucked it.

I now shave Timmy from snout to rump. Timmy's cold now.

My vote doesn't matter but no, it does matter!
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.