• god must be atheist
    :up: :gasp: :grimace: :death: I agree. Our fate is surprise, then fear, then death. Makes perfect sense.
  • Agent Smith
    Makes perfect sense.god must be atheist

I hope so.
  • Raymond
    To say one knows nothing is done with the same megalomaniac attitude as saying one knows everything. Sometimes it feels like the eye is too small, sometimes that it's far too big, but clinging to just one of those feelings uncovers a feeling superiority. To the minimal or to the maximal.
    To say you know you know nothing is said by people who secretly want to know everything but can't even know one thing except that they know that.

(politics & religion the power-sharing couple of all time)Agent Smith

Don't overlook the happy modern day power sharing couple. State and science, who were born in ancient Greek and grew up happily together as brother and sisterr. Their later fairy tale marriage thus basically is one based on incest.

Talk is cheapAgent Smith

It depends who talks. Speaking fee:

"Motivational speakers, businesspersons, facilitators, and celebrities are able to garner significant earnings in speaking fees or honoraria. In 2013, $10,000 was considered a lower limit for speakers brokered by speakers bureaus, $40,000 a regular fee for well-known authors, and famous politicians were reported to charge about $100,000 and more."
  • Agent Smith
    To say one knows nothing is done with the same megalomaniac attitude as saying one knows everything. Sometimes it feels like the eye is too small, sometimes that it's far too big, but clinging to just one of those feelings uncovers a feeling superiority. To the minimal or to the maximal.
    To say you know you know nothing is said by people who secretly want to know everything but can't even know one thing except that they know that.
    Raymond

Damned if you do, damned if you don't! Twisted! I thought I was the only cynic around here.

Don't overlook the happy modern day power sharing couple. State and science, who were born in ancient Greek and grew up happily together as brother and sisterr. Their later fairy tale marriage thus basically is one based on incest.Raymond

A distinction sans a difference.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. — Daniel Bonevac

It depends who talks.Raymond

I'm talking about lip service.
  • Raymond
    I'm talking about lip service.Agent Smith

Excuse me?
  • Agent Smith
    Excuse me?Raymond

:chin: Never mind!
  • Raymond
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't!Agent Smith

Being not damned only if you do and don't at the same time:

I'll be damned if I think I know nothing or everything and know or don't know that! Salvation lies in knowing or not that you don't know everything nor nothing. It's the only way out.

A distinction sans a difference.Agent Smith

You mean knowledge is power?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.