• John McMannis
    I have an idea! Give like 0.01% of it to me! You'll be a hero to a ton of people! :blush:
  • Paul
    You want to absorb all the hefty ongoing legal fees when Porat sues me for illegally replicating the data of the site I sold? I wouldn't like to do it anyway though, it was clear I'd long since lost interest in posting about philosophy and it was time to move on.

This is Philosophy Forums as far as I'm concerned. It was created by PF mods to be the refugee site. Pretty much everyone who wanted to continue posting moved here. The membership turnover has been less here than in an average 5 year period on old PF I think, so this might be more PF than PF would've been by now. A resurrection of the old site would just be an eerie ghost town, a nice archive like the wayback machine, but the people wouldn't reappear and wouldn't be the same if they did. Heck, a significant percentage of the old PF's members have died now after 20 years. You can't go back to the past.

The first internet forum I regularly posted on and moderated at actually tried it. After they sold and then the new owner eventually closed it down many years later, the original owner resurrected the site and emailed all the old members from the glory days to invite us back. It kind of looked alive for a week or two, then you could tell it was a zombie and it was put back out of its misery after a little bit.

But if you want to buy philosophyforums.com it's down from the previous $50K to a mere $10.5K: https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?domain=philosophyforums.com . That may not include the data rights though, be sure to ask. At any rate, I'd recommend you just redirect it here.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Paul
    You are an amazing person, and your heart is freaking awesome!
    Thank you for speaking such realities. :heart:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.