• TiredThinker
    Are influencers basically people that collect followers by creating a personal brand hoping people will start to trust their opinions and then seek out companies to send them free stuff to review to spread the word of their product in a not so grass roots way? Has anyone here ever made a purchase based on a video review of a random person on the internet who literally gets paid to do it? And what kind of ego is needed to want to become an influencer?
  • MAYAEL
    This is an interesting topic I've actually been researching recently after noticing that one of my favorite YouTubers was promoting a product that he said he used for years

but I could tell right off the bat and he said that he was lying and he hesitated saying it actually and then I noticed that a second YouTuber used the same exact format of presenting a product that they also have used for several years and then a third YouTuber doing the same thing

so I did some research on it and realized that there is a new style of advertisement that is being used to bypass people's resistance to infomercials where companies will pay a content creator to promote their product but the content creator gets pretty much full freedom on how to present it as long as they hit some key points about the product they're allowed to say whatever they want to after that

and so there's a little guideline script of key points and the rest is up to them to make it organic and personally I find this to be really shitty because even the most honest of content creators I'm finding is full of shit when it comes to promoting products in order to pay the bills.

that's not exactly on topic but I was just fresh on my mind I figured I would vomit that out for the rest of the Internet to read.
  • Metaphysician Undercover

That's like when the pop music artist gets paid to mention a product in a song. I think it's actually an old technique.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.