• Miller
    The feeling of a free will determines if the will is free or not.Cartuna

sure but that is still part of cause and effect determinism
  • Cartuna
    Complete self recursion is impossible, this is what causes the illusion of free will, and the ego.Miller

So if I have complete knowledge of you you and your illusion of free will no longer exist (for me)?

I get your point. If I know all about what will happen to you, then in my eyes you are not free anymore and you wrongly think that it's you who acts. Everything is determined. But I don't think the ego and free will are dependent on knowledge about the free will and the ego. It depends on what you call the ego and free will.
  • Miller

the only thing that exists is one eternal reality. there is no people. there is no you
  • Cartuna
    the only thing that exists is one eternal reality. there is no people. there is no youMiller

If only it were that easy...
  • Cartuna

Well, a block universe needs matter in it. It is a static entity but not eternal, as time already stretches in both ways to eternity. All the worldlines of particles are already there. Particles can only move in positive time direction. Why not in the negative direction? Because in that case, time would be reversed. This would amount to a beginstate at infinity, i.e, no begin state at all. Only around t=0 there can be a beginning state, evolving irreversibly to infinity. The begin state can occur many times. So behind us a new beginstate will develop. Before us there are other block universes with their own beginning of time. They are the cause of our universe. Likewise, our universe precedes the one coming behind us, though preceding is not the exact expression, as every new block has it's own shaky beginning. While this infinity of spatially 3D closed universes (spatially 6D with 3 curled up ones) are following each other up, they are causally disconnected as they are accelerating away from each other on a 4D (7D) hyperbolic space, signaling a next universe (and its mirror part on the other side) to start from time-around-zero via that space that has one spatial dimension more than the universes it spawns that are embedded in it (ll matter confined to 3D space).

This image entails a complex network of worldlines. They are spatially and temporarily disconnected and originate shortly àfter time-zeros, which are actually states where time fluctuates up and down, as expressed by fluctuating worldlines, corresponding to fluctuating (virtual) matter fieĺds.

The static structure of the wordline spaghetti doesn't impede my free will a bit.The strict structure doesn't pull me through in predetermined fashion. The structure offers me and all a means. Only in the eyes of detached observers, like yours, there is no ego or free will. All matter crawling along the myriads of the worldlines is free as long not forced. Worldlines don't force. People do.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet