• dimosthenis9
    Hey, it wasn't I who advocated "living as much time (seconds from your whole life) with pleasant feelings" - that was your good self.Banno

And when you hear "pleasant feelings", wanking is the only source that comes to your mind getting them. Cool. I don't judge.

Nothing wrong with a bit of hedonism, of courseBanno

Sure not.
  • Janus
    You have been reading to much Nazi material- - - lol!!boagie

And you are presenting unargued assertions coupled with a lack of imagination.
  • boagie
    Janus,
    Perhaps you would like to enlighten me on where my statements have gone astray.
    Explain if you would, how the world as an object, obtains its meaning. The Nazi thing was tongue in cheek by the way.
  • baker
    I do. It' just that of course the community is fraught with conflict and strife; but that doesn't make what I said wrong.Banno

And the Jews in Nazi camps created their meaning, made their life meaningful, in communty with the Nazis.

I'm not saying that what you said was wrong. I'm saying it sometimes has brutal, sadistic applications, and, of course, clandestinely endorses conformism. So much for authenticity.
  • boagie

Yes, Dimosthenis, it's called forethought, pain, pleasure, desire, desire to stay out of pain.
    Let's face it reality is the shits, that's why so many people choose a fantasy life, read religions.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.