• MAYAEL
    >>>This is a perspective also. It's corresponding to the methodological rule that we never actually make touch-down with reality. <<<

no that is not what I'm saying
    what I'm saying is that you can not build an entire skyscraper with just 1 brick likewise language being a small sliver of existence can in no way properly convey all of reality
    kind of like you can't pick yourself up by your own bootstraps

>>>The standard model in physics is a static model in the sense that its parameters are fixed and unchanging through the evolution of the universe, only in a madly short time or high energy in need of new parameters non-existent at the natural energy scales globally present.<<<

that's exactly my point it's a model as in predetermined set of limitations and parameters before the experiment ever starts and those parameters were sent by Limited normal human beings that are dead by now and they have no more say in what reality is the next person, they're not gods. and so my original statement still stands

>>> I don't agree as far the methodology is involved. I don't believe in a reality that can't be known because the Ding an Sich can't be known. The Ding an Sich can be known and depends on the parameters of das Ding. <<<

says you and you aren't the Universe or a god your just a man
    and somebody else could say that it can't be known and who is the right one?

What gives you more Authority than the next person?

See it's just a opinion because the majority might side with you does not mean you're more accurate in your statement

>>>We can say we are satisfied with a set of parameters and a mental image.That's the thing. Das Ding comes into existence by the parameters and an image corresponding to it. <<<

that would be a perspective and a perspective is not the entire thing it's just a sliver of it
  • Verdi
    >>>This is a perspective also. It's corresponding to the methodological rule that we never actually make touch-down with reality. <<<MAYAEL

Indeed! But it doesn't correspond to the rule that we actually never make contact with reality. Because we do make contact. I just say there is not one and only reality to make contact with. Claiming such a reality sounds like a fundamentalist claiming a one and only truth.
  • MAYAEL
    you quoted the part of me where I quoted what you said that's not what I said that's what you had said hence the arrows pointing to it. I never denied us making contact with reality I'm saying that I cannot convey reality to you and you cannot convey it to me is all you can do is give me a sliver and an opinion on a specific portion of reality but that in no way is a proper representation of reality
  • Verdi
    you quoted the part of me where I quoted what you said that's not what I said that's what you had said hence the arrows pointing to it. I never denied us making contact with reality I'm saying that I cannot convey reality to you and you cannot convey it to me is all you can do is give me a sliver and an opinion on a specific portion of reality but that in no way is a proper representation of realityMAYAEL

Haha! I quoted myself! No wonder I agreed.

I don't think a proper representation of reality is what counts. It's the opinion that counts, as that is all we can cling to. Of course opinions change if reality forces us.
  • MAYAEL
    If it doesn't count then truth might as well not count because opinions can and will change and usually do so in favor of whoever is in charge.
  • Verdi

I only now see that you replied. You can notify someone by selecting what you wanna quote (which you did by putting arrows around it, like for my quote in the past comment) and then click or tap on the black quote button.

Yes, that's the common complaint heard. That like that everybody tells the truth and as such it doesn't make sense. But that's not how it is.
  • MAYAEL
    I know how to tag somebody but for whatever reason my phone hates this website's format and I have the hardest time getting it to actually tag or quote anybody usually just click the button and nothing happens and I click it a million times and nothing happens I just say effort and I just hope that God you get my telepathic message in check.

And I did not make the claim that everybody tells the truth so can you please elaborate on why you're saying "but but but momma said" and sticking your tongue out at my comment so to speak ?
  • Verdi
    And I did not make the claim that everybody tells the truth so can you please elaborate on why you're saying "but but but momma said" and sticking your tongue out at my comment so to speak ?MAYAEL

:lol:

Got your message! Nonono, I didn't stick my tongue out to you to tell you that mummy said that you think everybody tells the truth. I stack it out to inform you that that's the way people look at my own vision on reality. Mummy told me that every reality should get the same, just as all mummy's children and all other children should get the same. Usually, this approach to reality is countered by: "But if everybody, or every culture, have their own truth, how can we even speak of the truth?" Well, we can't. At least, not if we think about reality, or the truth, as applicable to all. Well, we can, but only as seen from the reality of those you ask. Call it relativism. I see a world of interacting particles, someone else sees a bunch of perception bundles, a third person sees a static piece of block universe, another one sees a magic world in which gods and ghosts are present, and yet another sees an interconnected non-separable whole. Or maybe even something weirder, like people being vessels in service of selfish genes and memes whose only desire is to be passed on into new vessels. For all of them, there is idiosyncratic rational proof, and the other realities may seem unsubstantiated, unreal, subjective, or irrational. Get my tongue?
  • Verdi
    If it doesn't count then truth might as well not count because opinions can and will change and usually do so in favor of whoever is in charge.MAYAEL

Truth does count for those holding the opinion. Their opinion might be wrong in the opinion of others, of course. I'm not saying opinions are just opinions, and that there is some reality to be confronted which can affirm or deny the opinion. The opinion is the reality.
  • MAYAEL
    for the most part i agree with you when you say that people have different opinions however the opinion is the MAYA as well as the reality therefore any explanation of reality to someone else will never be the actual reality because it is only a perspective
  • Verdi

What's the MAYA? Your name has a connection... Should I read all comments?
  • MAYAEL
    I am talking about illusion aka the meaning of the word Maya
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.