• frank
    No. It,'s not. Telling lies to a child is not the best way to start teaching. Aren't philosophers interested in the truth so much?GraveItty

It's actually you who's wrong. Think about it.
  • GraveItty
    I've never met anyone who notices the profound philosophical significance of ohm's law.frank

Nice to meet you! A first encounter. On the philosophical implications of Ohm's law....A theory concerning truth...
  • GraveItty
    It's actually you who's wrong. Think about it.frank

I'm wrong.
  • frank

Fuck off asshole.
  • GraveItty

:rofl:

The undeniable truth!
  • Enrique

Thanks a lot for improving the quality of my thread...er lol

Could electromagnetic field fluctuations be the cause of alternation between quantum coherence and collapse!!! Orch-Or and CEMI theory united!
  • GraveItty
    EM field fluctuations are virtual photons. IMAGE these fields that take care of interactions between charged particles. But there have to be charged particles first to create them. There are no pure photon field fluctuations in an empty space, without real particles. Only those generated by virtual particle pairs. These are the cause for the collapse of eigenstates in for example the eigenstatess of the electron around the proton (which you would expect the field of the proton to be but this isn't). If the coherent state is an eigenstate, and there are lower energy eigenstates to collapse into, then the same fluctuations can induce such a transition, such a "collapse" (which is not a real collapse in the sense that a superposition is destroyed). The superposition (which is what coherence is about) of the state itself cannot be destroyed. This can only be achieved by a measurement of the state, which is nothing more than an interaction of the state with real particles (calling this a measurement stems from the old days of QM when it was stupidly though that only measurements truly made by conscious human beings could due the trick; how pretentious!).

WTF are Orch-or and CEMI? Two friends who must throw a ring into the vulcano of eternal doom?
  • GraveItty

Ah:

Orchestrated objective reduction (Orch OR) is a controversial hypothesis that postulates that consciousness originates at the quantum level inside neurons, rather than the conventional view that it is a product of connections between neurons.

Even deeper,: the mental stuff is the charge of matter. The Orch-or says what every materialist says. That it arises from a material proces, in the neurons. In a sense the are right. The material processes are complicated but they are not the reason for "the mental". They merely offer the mental structures to develop in.
  • Enrique

If you want to get a sense for what CEMI field theory is about, look at my thread: Uniting CEMI and Coherence Field Theories of Consciousness. This is basically the line of reasoning from which my interest in electromagnetic fields arose.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet