• PseudoB
    I "see" a huge problem with the scientific concept of Brain. But I will state, from the beginning, that I am approaching this topic from a Perspective that admits of the Experience of overwhelming Belief; that is to say, the Momentum of the majority's Belief. The "hive mind" would also have to have a phenomenology that provides for an Experience of it as well, but the greater point here is that, as I see it, Brain is a manifestation of Mind, but more specifically, a manifestation of the Momentum of Belief. The "idea" that something nonphysical can be the driving force which moves Matter, is one thing. That a nonphysical entity can appear to the senses as a quite physical entity, is a whole other monster. But, is what I seek to explain/argue. This topic tho, touches and hangs on several other phenomenology's. For instance, the eye.... What do we actually see? And this leads into a topic of Space and of Nothingness and of course our modern mindset based on atoms and smaller nanoparticles. But the Eye, and Phenomenology, are intrinsically intertwined, providing for a Tapestry of self-deceit, and the deceit of the masses as a whole, who base their definitions and meanings on things that merely appear to the senses, without understanding how those manifestations arise. Presupposing the world of Experiences.

So, the cadaver on the slab of metal, when the skull is opened, shows a brain, blood, flesh, and every other aspect of the room. But all is an Experience. The point here, is that the brain is said to be the cause of all Experience. So the brain decides how it will be Experienced....?? How at all is this justified? Yes, I get the momentum of the many, but if the brain is lying, which we all know by way of Perspective that this is probable, then the circular nature of our science is determined to keep us from having full Dominion over our Experience/s in the world.

Moreover, though the brain may be the deciding factor in what we Experience, before the world external meets the brain, it must first meet the eye. Is this the reason for all the eye references throughout mythology? You "see"? Lol, this entire subject seems impossible to crack, yet as I understand it, is the subject of many, many writings and artworks of a small group of people hardly recognized, if at all, throughout history. These topics, and many others under it, are what I understand the writers of the alchemy books to have been so willing to die for. Not that any could hear them anyway, but to ensure they do not affect the ruling class, many were publicly burned. That momentum has carried down through the ages. To challenge the authority of the scientific is to challenge the entire structure of society, and therefore I may appear as the heretic of the day, and as such, I too expect the trial by fire.

But as the alchemists of old, I have learned to make fire afraid of Fire :)

The ruling class is responsible for the continuation and solidification of the greatest lie ever told. The house divided. A science based on the experience of the many, is easily misleading, and circular. Don't shoot the messenger.
  • Varde
    The brain is a more advanced understanding of vision, that being through the eyes, then washed on the brain.

Man may not know about his brain, until told - or other - yet his eyes may be noted in his reflection or in others.

Similar logic applies to man's experience of vision, a link to brain visual cortex is not simple to him until he has learned.

What's the problem?
  • RogueAI
    What's the problem?Varde

Why are brains conscious but hearts aren't?
  • Varde

Hearts may be codal(species of code; may or not apply to dictionary; made up word) in nature.

They may be alert to simulations and contain enough personal biology to exist as individual life-forms. I don't know.
  • RogueAI
    The lack of explanation for why brains are conscious but hearts aren't is a problem.
  • Marchesk
    The lack of explanation for why brains are conscious but hearts aren't is a problem.RogueAI

Not only that, but only some brain activity is correlated with consciousness. So if there's something special neurons are doing, it's not all of them. That's a problem for mind-brain identify. What makes some neural activity conscious? It needs to be something more than an identity, or you end up an unexplained ontology where only certain, very specific things are conscious, for no reason at all.
  • PseudoB
    The lack of explanation for why brains are conscious but hearts aren't is a problem.
    — RogueAI

Not only that, but only some brain activity is correlated with consciousness. So if there's something special neurons are doing, it's not all of them. That's a problem for mind-brain identify. What makes some neural activity conscious? It needs to be something more than an identity, or you end up an unexplained ontology where only certain, very specific things are conscious, for no reason at all.
    Marchesk

From my Perspective, which is truly all we have, the Flesh is said to be "alive", until not, but is said not to be conscious. I personally understand all particles to be conscious, in that they interact with others in a very select and specific manner.

Now, to add some Philosophy to the Scientific theory,

"Life" grows,

"Death" consumes.

Maintaining these two, presents as a Tapestry. Presents to what tho?? To the eye? That is made of particles?? But is not decided upon until Experienced?? How can that be, when the Agreement is what allows for the Experience? The atoms and particles are now merely agreements, restricting all forms and limiting all Experiences.

Consider where does Death come from?

Cannot come from Life, for Life is Absolute, and all possibilities of Life must aid Life, whereas Death clearly is not helpful in any way whatsoever.

Some will say that Life feeds on Life, which then circulates, giving rise to our Spherical theories of everything. But if looked at from an Absolute Perspective, the Division and Circulation of Life and Death is a house divided, and is doomed to repetition, adding more Force per rotation. But Force requires Potential Energy, to grow more Forceful.

What I am led to, is that this Mindset, is a divided kingdom, which breeds Force....

That there is no other outcome possible, until, we stop feeding Death.

This sounds at first utterly irrational, until Death is seen as a Concept. An IDEA.

Ideas are "Energy", are they not?

E=pc, right??

F=MA, right??

So how do we delete "force"? Well, Belief does the same function, just not forcefully!

One doesn't get up to go to the fridge, without BELIEVING an IDEA that says something is wanted over there. The IDEA, Agreed with, is the Cause for Movement. Then the Weight of the Agreements necessitated for the Experience as a whole appear to the Senses....

I'm just working this out, out loud, in a sense, lol.

Not just any Philosophy will admit that Philosophy affects Experience, but this one.

This Philosophy, appears to be a Science??
  • PseudoB
    Some will say that Life feeds on Life, which then circulates, giving rise to our Spherical theories of everything.PseudoB

This at first necessitates Death, in the circular Nature of Life feeding on Life.

But what if, lol, Life is just Transmuted? The Conservation of Energy is usually applied at this stage. The only problem I see here is that the Life itself gets utterly negated to non-conscious Matter, where I do not at all understand how this is possible?
  • PseudoB
    In the old days, like Dark Ages, there are tons of Fountains mentioned. These Fountains were how the Ideas and Abilities of the dead who were placed in the Fountains, and dispersed and consumed by the drinking of the water mixture. Quite a morbid understanding of Fountains, if one asks me, but this is another mixing of two Waters.... ;)
  • PseudoB
    Two gases, easily mix together, yet they remain separate.

The only way to join two gases is by fire, or, in the case of CERN, violently smashing atoms, and again causing a heat, which, in the case of Hydrogen and Oxygen, both are highly combustible, which in turn would destroy both before any other chemical reaction could arise.

So the Formula for Water, H2O, is truncated…. to say the least.

So given there is a form of fire required, I’d like to point out that fire has both Active and a Passive qualities, understood as Heat and Light.

This is pointed out by Kenneth S. Davis and John Arthur Day, in Water The Mirror of Science .

Just this understanding alone shines some light on the alchemical Process, because the light is the Passive cause of the Union of two "opposites", two otherwise not-able-to-be-unified substances. Light, changes the Experience of the two made one.

Now, "Water" is an alchemical representation of Soul. Soul/Mind quite obviously partakes of two Natures. The in and the out, the above and the below.... forming a Cross, and the Process giving Form to a Circle.

This is where the purification of either side, lies or Truth, gets twisted, and used against all who lack this understanding.
  • PseudoB
    The lack of explanation for why brains are conscious but hearts aren't is a problem.RogueAI

I love this point. So clear and concise. All Matter should be conscious, if any form of Matter is considered to be, unless a reason could be given/explained. And if all Matter IS conscious, then this lends some credence to the Natural Philosophies of old. Of course, I'm not in court, being threatened with death by fire either....
  • RogueAI
    :100:

This just anecdotal, but I see a lot more articles and videos on consciousness than I used to. I think materialism/physicalism is waning.
  • PseudoB
    Amen, lol, at least for those who have not lost their first Love ;)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment