• stoicHoneyBadger
    Absolutely not!unenlightened

Me neither. :) so why should we even care about him or what he is doing with his money?

I can have macaroni cheese as often as I like!unenlightened

Lucky you! :) I can't have it as often as I like, I want a sixpack, so keto and stuff :))
  • T Clark
    I can have macaroni cheese as often as I like!unenlightened

Made with Velveeta!!!
  • Athena
    That is why capitalism work - the system is set up in such a way as to get money you have to do something useful that others will pay you for.stoicHoneyBadger

Fine but who takes care of the children and the ill and the elderly? For how much money?
  • Athena
    So, what percent of people would attempt to help a stranger before helping themselves?stoicHoneyBadger

Does the number of people matter? How about the firefighters who enter burning buildings and the divers who rescued the boys from a cave in Thailand? There are many people who put their lives on the line for others. The instinct to do that is what makes war possible.
  • Athena
    5. most people have relatively petty interest, such as keeping their job, not being ostracize by friends, making an extra buck along the way, etc.stoicHoneyBadger

If you are a parent what do you want and what are you willing to sacrifice?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.