• Athena
    I was wrong to think the advanced child credits would hurt people with housing assistance, so I am deleting what I said.

There are other government insanities but none that move me to write of them. I will just enjoy knowing I was wrong.
  • TheMadFool
    Last night I had a revelation of sorts - nations when they engage in so-called politics, their conduct mirrors how people, as individuals, interact with one another (the posturing, the dialogs, the lies, the pretensions, the back-stabbing, the compromise, the quarrels, the fights, and so on).

I have a particularly low opinion of politics and, as advised by an old friend, tried my best to stay away from any discussion on politics, failing, as it were, to realize I was always up to my ears immersed in it.

It was a Darwinian moment for me - I came to know I was, despite what I've been telling myself (I'm not an animal), a (political) animal after all.

The insanity, as far as I was concerned, was not the politics but how convinced I was that I was not involved in any politics. Delusional!
  • Athena
    Last night I had a revelation of sorts - nations when they engage in so-called politics, their conduct mirrors how people, as individuals, interact with one another (the posturing, the dialogs, the lies, the pretensions, the back-stabbing, the compromise, the quarrels, the fights, and so on).

I have a particularly low opinion of politics and, as advised by an old friend, tried my best to stay away from any discussion on politics, failing, as it were, to realize I was always up to my ears immersed in it.

It was a Darwinian moment for me - I came to know I was, despite what I've been telling myself (I'm not an animal), a (political) animal after all.

The insanity, as far as I was concerned, was not the politics but how convinced I was that I was not involved in any politics. Delusional!
    TheMadFool

Until I start arguing against what you said, I was not aware of how political I have been. I wanted to say I was a domestic woman and taking care of my family was all I could do. But then memories of what I have done began flooding in. I did a lot of volunteer work and really enjoyed sitting on policy-making committees. I have gotten signatures on initiatives, and stuffed envelopes. I organized homeless men to call attention to the homeless problem and joined Grandparents for Family Justice and we got the state's Children's Services policy radically changed. I have testified in public hearings at the city, county, and state levels, communicated with representatives, and wrote many, many letters to the editor. Now I am on the internet trying to raise awareness of democracy being rule by reason.

My poor daughter just wanted a "normal mother". :lol: But in her later years she has become sympathetic of how tortured I feel when I think something is wrong and needs to be changed. She is a bureaucrat now and helped me get the information I needed in this latest upsetting bout with government and I learned I was wrong and nothing needs to be changed this time. I am so proud of her. She stays cool and that usually means better thinking than what happens to me when I think something needs to be changed. Instant Chicken Little running around crying the sky is falling.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment